Milestone 1. Official Start of the Project, Teams Formed
Milestone 2. Establish contact and meet your teammates
Milestone 3. Select client organization (OK to change later)
Milestone 4. Report Section 1
Milestone 5. Report Section 2
Milestone 6. Report Section 3
Milestone 7. Team Report DRAFT
Milestone 8. FINAL Team Report
Milestone 9. Post-project survey
X-Culture with CSB and SJU Global Business Leadership
What is X-Culture?
- An experience providing online training for cross-cultural collaboration.
- International teams of 7 students, from 7 different countries.
- Over several months teams work together on a global business project.
- Upon successful completion of the project, students receive X-Culture certificates.
- Top teams have the opportunity to present their work at the international X-Culture Symposium
CSB and SJU Facilitator: Deborah Pembleton
X-Culture for CSB and SJU Students
Students taking Prof. Deborah Pembleton's International Organizational Behavior course (GBUS 330) will be able to apply for and enroll in X-Culture Training as CSB and SJU Affiliated Students:
- Most X-
Culture trainees are students who take a course at their university where X- Culture is a required or optional part of the course. These trainees to not need to submit individual X- Culture applications and pay the participation fee - the application and the participation fee will be covered by their course instructor.
How it Will Work:
- Once you enroll in the X-
Culture Training, you will receive all X- Culture training materials and program instructions.
- You will be required to review the materials and complete the X-
Culture Readiness test. Only students who successfully pass the Readiness Test will be allowed to participate in the project.
- After you pass the Readiness Test, you will be placed on a global virtual team. Typically, the teams are comprised of 6-
8 trainees, each coming from a different country.
- The teams will be presented with an international business challenge and have about two months to develop a solution.
- There will be weekly deadlines that the teams have to meet. Each team member will receive a personal email with a link to the weekly progress update survey and will have to report if the team has completed that week’s task.
- At the end of the project, the teams will present their challenge solutions in a form of team reports. The reports will be evaluated by at 6-
7 independent experts.
- Based on the expert evaluations, best teams will be awarded the X-
Culture Best Team Awards.
- Additionally, individual performance records and peer evaluations will be used to select each season’s Best Student Award recipients.
Fine Arts Librarian
Learn a Language
Sign up for a free Mango account with you CSB and SJU email!
This online language learning resource provides step-by-step lessons for 70+ different languages, as well as ESL lessons for English-language learners.