- Artstor This link opens in a new windowRepository of digital images and related data as well as tools to actively use those images. Note: In order to download or save images, register for a login with your campus email address. You can also share with other users.
- GreenFILE This link opens in a new windowOffers information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- Oxford Reference This link opens in a new windowReference books by Oxford University Press, including the Oxford Digital Reference Shelf.
- EBSCO Cross-Search This link opens in a new windowThis search includes GreenFILE, Art Full Text, Environment Index, America: History & Life, and 16 others.
Recommended Online Databases
- 2030 PaletteFrom the site: A database of sustainable design principles, strategies, tools, and resources.
- archINFORM: International Architecture DatabaseDatabase for international architecture. archINFORM includes information over more than 84000 built and unrealized projects from various architects and planners.
- Asian Historical ArchitectureA photographic survey of Asia's architectural heritage. Over 44,000 photos of 1,548 sites in twenty-three countries, with extensive background information.
- Society of Architectural Historians (SAH) ArchipediaFrom the website: An authoritative online encyclopedia of the U.S. built environment organized by the Society of Architectural Historians and the University of Virginia Press. It contains histories, photographs, and maps for over 22,000 structures and places. These are mostly buildings, but as you explore SAH Archipedia you will also find landscapes, infrastructure, monuments, artwork, and more.
Oxford Dictionaries/Encyclopedias & Architecture Terminology
- Getty VocabulariesHelps with search terms. From the site: Getty Vocabularies are structured resources for the visual arts domain, including of art, architecture, decorative arts, other cultural works, archival materials, visual surrogates, and art conservation.
Art & Architecture
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Classical Art & ArchitectureContains A-Z over 1,000 entries of comprehensive reference resources for the visual arts of the Classical period.
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Islamic Art & ArchitectureContains over 1,600 A-Z entries on Islamic art and architecture ranging from the Middle East to Central and South Asia, Africa, and Europe and spans over a thousand years of history.
- The Grove Encyclopedia of Medieval Art & ArchitectureContains A-Z entries from Medieval Western Europe, covering the 6th century to the early 16th century.
- Oxford Dictionary of Christian Art & ArchitectureA-Z entries for the broad range of terms used in the study of the history of Christian art and architecture, including themes, artists, and movements.
- Oxford Dictionary PLUS Art & ArchitectureContains A-Z index. Supplementary to other Oxford Art & Architecture titles.
- Oxford Companion to ArchitectureContains over 1500 A-Z entries covering all aspects of architecture, from architects, building types, and movements and styles to materials, aspects of design, and definitions.
- A Dictionary of Architecture and Landscape Architecture (3rd ed)Contains A-Z index of more than 5,000 entries covering every period of Western architectural history.
Fine Arts Librarian
Clemens Library B102
Subjects: Art, Film Studies, Music, Theater